Do You Have Back and Neck Pain?
For many people, back and neck pain are just a reality of day to day life. If you are one of these people, you already know how difficult it can be to make it through your daily routine while battling pain in one of these areas. If your neck or back hurts regularly, even the simplest of tasks can become a significant challenge. Rather than allowing these pains to dominate your life, consider seeking treatment at Advanced Chiropractic Rehab Center. With the right treatment, you may be able to move on with life, free of those pains that have held you back for so long.
If you stop to think about your back and neck pain for a moment, you may realize that it has been going on much longer than you realize. This is a common situation, as many people just assume that the pain will go away at some point. So, they decide to live with it for a week or two, and those weeks suddenly turn into months. You may even wind up living with these pains for years before you decide to take action.
When you finally decide to seek back pain treatment or neck pain treatment, we hope you will contact Advanced Chiropractic Rehab Center. We have two locations in Southern California – one in Van Nuys, and one in Culver City. To learn more about the treatments we make available for back and neck pain, please feel free to contact our office during business hours.
Unfortunately, there are many potential causes of back and neck pain. In some cases, the cause of your neck or back pain will be obvious, such as your involvement in a car accident or some other kind of traumatic event. However, it is more common for back and neck pain to stem from seemingly innocent causes. Things that you might not ever think about as being bad for your neck or back could lead to discomfort, stiffness, and pain.
While the possibilities are endless in terms of what may be causing your pain, the following list will touch on some of the main culprits.
- Long periods of sitting, such as sitting at a desk all day at work
- Repetitive movements which strain your neck or back in the same way over and over again
- Simple wear and tear from everyday life
- Normal issues associated with aging
- Improper lifting of heavy objects
- Awkward sleeping position, poor support from mattress and/or pillow
If at all possible, you should take steps to avoid situations during daily life which are going to put undue strain on your neck and back. Of course, you can’t always avoid these kinds of situations. For example, if you must sit for some period of time to do your job, it will be hard to
completely change that pattern. You may be able to work from a standing position from time to time, but some sitting will still likely be required. As long as you continue to deal with back and neck pain, seeking back pain treatment or neck pain treatment may be a logical next step.
Some Important Questions
Before you even arrive at the chiropractor’s office for your visit, you can prepare yourself by thinking through the answers to some of the questions you are likely to hear. It is a good idea to think about these answers ahead of time, just so you don’t get stuck when trying to figure them out on the spot. Some of the possible questions you will be asked are listed below. Of course, it is certainly possible that other questions will come up, depending on the specifics of your case.
- How long have you been experiencing pain? This is a common question, and it is likely to be the first one you answer. Think back as accurately as you can to determine when the pain started, as this information may be important.
- What kinds of treatments have you tried so far? Another important question, your chiropractor will probably want to know what you have been trying in terms of home remedies. Have you been applying ice, or heat? Have you been taking any medication? Not only is it important to note what kinds of treatments you’ve been using, but you should also note how effective they have been.
- Does the pain move on to other areas of the body? It is relatively common for pain which starts in the neck or back to work its way to other areas of the body over time. Again, this is information which may be useful to the chiropractor.
As is usually the case, you are going to play an important role in your own care when it comes to back pain treatment and neck pain treatment. Specifically, the answers you provide to the questions listed above – and others – will help your chiropractor offer the right kind of treatment.
It is not necessary to struggle through neck and back pain on a daily basis, with no end in sight. At Advanced Chiropractic Rehab Center, we hate to see our patients dealing with persistent pain, which is why we work so hard to find solutions. We want you to be able to live your day to day life in comfort, enjoying your favorite activities and making it through your duties without pain. Our two doctors – Dr. Mehran Shei and Dr. ParvinAlemi – would love to help you deal with your back and neck pain. To learn more about our services, or to ask about scheduling an appointment, please contact either of our offices right away. Thank you for your time, and we look forward to serving you soon!